1.1 Media Accreditation Guidelines
Media personnel who are interested to cover the Singapore International Cyber Week 2023 are required to register for media passes. The media accreditation principles below are intended to give the media as much access as possible while ensuring the safety, security and comfort of all participants of SICW 2023.
Media accreditation will commence on 21 August 2023 and close at 1200hrs (GMT +8), 10 October 2023. Applicants will need to fill in an online form and submit all required documents for review as part of the accreditation process. All media accreditation applications will be subject to the approval of the organisers.
Please contact TeamSICW2023@hkstrategies.com for online application access.
1.2 Accreditation Principles
Editors of publications and media agencies are requested to take note of the following principles to ensure that media accreditation is restricted to professional journalists, photographers, camera crews and bloggers
i. The organiser considers the media pass to be a working tool to be used only by bona fide members of the press. Marketing personnel, sub-editors, staff of the publication’s secretariat, etc. cannot be accredited as media.
ii. The organiser will only accredit media personnel from publications and agencies, and professional bloggers:
- With a circulation size and quality that fulfil the criteria of the organiser.
- With a format and quality that fulfil the criteria of the organiser.
- With a sizeable following and sphere of influence, areas of interest and quality that fulfil the criteria of the organiser.
iii. Internal company publications cannot be accredited as media. However, at the sole discretion of the organiser, and where the quality and circulation criteria justify the organiser’s consideration, such publications may be eligible for accreditation on a case-by-case basis.
iv. Under no circumstance will advertising and public relations agencies (or similar
companies and organisations) be accredited as media, nor will the organiser issue
any media accreditation to representatives (press officers or otherwise) of sponsors,
suppliers and exhibitors.
v. It should be noted that no double accreditation is allowed (e.g. as media and as
2. Criteria for Accreditation
i. Applications MUST be made online. Accreditation will only be granted upon
presentation of valid press credentials including:
- Completed online accreditation application form.
- Photocopy or a scanned copy of the Press Accreditation Card (for Singapore-based media) issued by the Ministry of Communications and Information OR official national press card(s) of the representative who will be covering SICW 2023 OR letter of assignment on the official letterhead of a media organisation signed by the Publisher, Assignment Editor, Editor-in-chief or Bureau Chief, specifying the name and functional title of the journalist, and stating their role at SICW 2023, OR links to three (3) most recently published posts (500 words or more) relating to the relevant areas of interest of the events.
- Professional blogs must be active in the most recent six (6) months, with a minimum of one (1) published post per month relating to the relevant areas of interest of the events.
- Information on the media outlet (such as website, circulation,
readership/viewership, frequency, etc.) (only to be supplied on request)
- An original copy of the publication (only to be supplied on request)
In addition, non-English publications must supply a certified English translation of the
publications’ credits page.
ii. Freelance journalists/photographers MUST provide clear credentials that they are on
assignment from a specific news organisation/publication. A valid assignment letter
from that news organisation/publication is required. Submissions by freelance online
journalists will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
iii. Online media (including websites, photography sites and online forum pages) must
meet the following requirements, in addition to those above:
- The web publication must belong to a registered company, such as a media
organisation, and have a specific, verifiable non-web address and telephone
- The online journal requesting accreditation for its correspondent(s) must have a substantial amount of original and topical news content, commentary or analysis on international issues.
- The applicant must have an established record of having written extensively on international issues and present copies of three recently published articles, not more than six months old, with his/her byline
- Please note that online publications that are intended for the communications
outreach or advocacy of non-governmental or non-profit organisations do not
qualify for media accreditation.
iv. All applications must be received via the Singapore International Cyber Week 2023 online accreditation portal before the closing date and time, 1200hrs (GMT +8), 10 October 2023. Late applications will not be entertained. The organiser reserves the right to reject any incomplete application.
3. Accreditation Procedures and Access
i. An auto-generated email acknowledgement will be sent to applicants upon
submission of the online accreditation form.
ii. Each application will take up to ten (10) working days to process.
iii. If any change of representative(s) is(are) to be made, please notify the organiser as soon as possible. Any name changes after the stipulated deadline of 1200hrs (GMT +8), 10 October 2023 may be rejected.
iv. If the representative(s) is(are) not able to attend the event, the organiser must be
notified as early as possible. Failure to inform the organisers of non-attendance may
result in future accreditation requests being refused.
v. All successful applicants will be issued an email confirmation with accompanying
terms and conditions. If an applicant does not receive an email fifteen (15) working
days after registration, he/she is requested to contact the representatives stated
vi. Details for the collection of media passes are as follows:
17 - 19 OCTOBER 2023
0830hrs – 1700hrs
Begonia 3110, Level 3
Sands Expo and Convention Centre
10 Bayfront Ave, Singapore 018956
vii. The representative(s) must produce an email confirmation as well as two copies of his/her name cards when collecting the media badge at the event. NO MEDIA PASS WILL BE ISSUED WITHOUT PROPER DOCUMENTATION.
viii. Accreditation does not guarantee journalists, camera crew and photographers access to all media events/press conferences. Journalists and photographers should refer to the press kit for more details.
ix. The media pass is NON-TRANSFERABLE. It may only be used by the person
whose name and publication name appear on the badge.
4. Media Centre
i. There will be a Media Centre located at Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Level 3, Begonia 3010A, with free Internet access.
ii. Limited workstations will be available on a first-come-first-served basis to the media
in the Media Centre.
iii. A confirmed schedule of events will be available in the press kit, which will be
provided to all accredited journalists.
iv. Please note that the media centre will be open from 17-19 October 2023, 0830 to
5. Note to Photographers
There will be no photo studio or technical assistance lab in the Media Centre.
6. Note to Broadcasters
There will not be an International Broadcast Centre at SICW 2023, but broadcast crew can reach out to request for facilitation of audio press box feed at the onsite studio, which will provide both floor language and English audio feeds.
7. Dress Code
The dress code is formal or smart casual business attire. Accredited media wearing inappropriate clothing, e.g., shorts, t-shirts, bermudas, three-quarter pants, and flip flops, will not be admitted to the events.
8. For further queries, please contact:
Leslie Paul Dorai
Contact: +65 9710 6406